You may have witnessed tiny red bugs like spiders in your yard during the spring and summer seasons. At the same time, you may have also encountered some red pigments on your curtains or walls.
Are these two interrelated? Maybe yes, they might be related to each other.
We are talking about clover mites that appear in the spring season, and if squashed leave bright red spots.
This article will discuss whether they are harmful or not. Also, we will have a look at the problems they cause and their preventive measures.
Are Clover Mites Harmful To Us?
The answer is no. Clover mites are not dangerous to human beings. They are not bloodsuckers and hence do not bite us. They do not even cause any kind of structural damage to our furniture or clothing.
They get their nutrition by sucking the juices of clover plants, grass, shrubs, trees, and other plants. Since all these things are not there in your house in abundance, they will have difficulty surviving inside your house. Ultimately, they will die from a lack of source of nutrition.
How poisonous are Clover Mites
Clover mites are not poisonous to humans. However, they can be a nuisance because they reproduce quickly and can invade homes in large numbers. If you have an infestation of clover mites, you may want to contact a pest control professional to get rid of them.
Do Clover Mites cause itching?
Clover mites are not harmful to humans and do not cause itching. However, some people are allergic to clover mites and may experience itchy skin or rash if they come into contact with clover mites. If you think you may be allergic to clover mites, it is important to see a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Are Clover Mites harmful to pets?
Clover mites are not harmful to pets but can cause problems for people who are allergic to them. If you have a pet that is bothered by clover mites, there are a few things you can do to help keep them away. Vacuum regularly and dust with a damp cloth to remove any mites that may be lurking in your home. You can also try using an air purifier to help keep the air in your home clean and free of allergens.
Problems Clover Mites Cause
Although we are not in their diet nor do they bite us, clover mites can still cause us some problems. We have listed those problems below.
- If they are not checked on time, they can invade your house in huge numbers as they multiply themselves very quickly. Thus they can become a nuisance for you.
- Since their diet includes plants, flowers, clovers, over-fertilized grass, and other vegetation, it is very likely they will cause a lot of damage to your yard.
- When they are smashed, they leave bright red pigments behind them. The curtains, floors, furniture, walls, and other personal belongings are always at risk of having these stains which are very difficult to remove.
Measures to Getting Rid of Clover Mites
As we have seen, even though clover mites are not dangerous, they can still cause us a lot of problems. So to avoid these problems, we are listing some measures that will help in getting rid of them.
- Vacuum your whole house at regular intervals. From beds to floors, try to vacuum everything. Never dispose of the dust bag around your yard, it is better to throw it far away from your property to reduce the chances of them coming back.
- The bushes, shrubs, and vegetation present around the walls or foundation may act as a bridge for clover mites. They may use it to get inside your house. Arrange your yard in such a way that there is no vegetation or plants around your walls or foundation.
- Bedding should be washed with bleach-based detergent to eliminate these clover mites effectively.
- In case you have a pet, give them a proper bath as clover mites may hide in their fur. Through them, they might reach the bed or other stuff.
- Avoid using fertilizers in your yard that have nitrogen in them as it attracts clover mites.
Whether these bugs bite us or not, it is important to be cautious about them. Biting or structural damage is not the only problem to be looked at, there are many more.
Clover mites can cause many more problems. They are irritating and can cause damage to your yard so it is important to treat them effectively.
Seal all the cracks or holes present in your walls or windows to avoid their entry into your house.